At the high school level, counsellors are closely involved with students in the areas of high school course planning, career development, scholarships and post-secondary liaison. See our guidance page for more information.
Career Planning Resources
myBlueprint - Login with your CBE edu email and password.
An interactive education, career, pathways and life planner. The tool can help you to explore and build your high school course plan and inform your course choices.
- Learn about yourself using the 520+ assessments
- Plan for high school
- Explore post-secondary opportunities across the country
- College, University, and Apprenticeship Information – detailed information on post-secondary education and training options.
- Explore and compare occupations
- Find entry-level jobs and volunteer opportunities
- Create interactive portfolios for classes and applications
- Create resumes, cover letters, and budgets
- Set goals and action plans
- Document evidence of learning using pictures, videos, drawings, and audio recordings
Alis - Alberta careers, learning and employment information
ALIS CAREERinsite - A one-stop guide to career planning for Albertans. Create your career plan, get to know yourself with quizzes and exercises, explore options, get ready and take action.
Calgary Public Library - Job & Career Accelerator Library Card Required. An interactive career selection and job search system, including: occupation profiles, resume building, cover letter writing, interview skills and more.
Career Exploration Centre - The Career Exploration Centre (CEC) is a fun, interactive environment where you can get hands-on experience with a variety of careers located on the SAIT campus.