Ceremony | Thursday, June 24, 2021
Location - Sir Winston Churchill
Sir Winston Churchill Theatre (LIVESTREAMED via Microsoft Teams and YouTube)
A recording of the ceremony and speeches will be made available for students to view at a later date via a CBE Google Site. Students and families will need the student’s educbe account information to access this site.
Note: Due to AHS restrictions around indoor gatherings - parents, family members, and other guests will not be permitted in the school on this day.
Please ensure that you arrive on time at your designated time and proceed to your homeroom promptly.
Late arrivals may not be accommodated. Leave home early. You cannot be late!
Grads by Last Name
Grads A – H
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Grads I – O
11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Grads P – Z
1:00 – 2:30 PM
- Mr. D. Kiziak - Last Names A to H
- Ms. J. Hill - Last Names I to O
- Mr. D. Nickell - Last Names P to Z
- For the ceremonies, students will be wearing blue grad gowns and blue caps with a gold 2021 tassel. Students must have their gown and caps in order to cross the stage.
- The graduation ceremony is a formal event, therefore students should dress in semi-formal attire. As a result you should NOT WEAR jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, flip-flops or hats.
- Consider wearing comfortable but professional footwear as you will be walking up a ramp, across a stage and down stairs.
- DO NOT bring purses, cell phones, bags or any other items that you need to carry.
Rehearsal and Key Considerations
- A rehearsal video tutorial will be provided for our graduants. The video will be made available on our website and will be shown in class to review the proceedings for the day. Please take the time to review the video.
- Any students planning on writing the Chemistry 30 diploma exam on the 24th will be accommodated so they may participate in the ceremony. If you are planning to write this diploma and participate in the ceremony please email Ms. McKelvie (CLMckelvie@cbe.ab.ca) to let her know as soon as possible.
Covid and Safety Protocols
We will continue to adhere to all AHS protocols during this time.
- Students are reminded to sanitize upon entering the school.
- Students will need to have their mask on during the ceremony except when they are taking their photo at which point they can remove their mask before putting it back on to exit the stage.
- When possible, students should remain socially distanced.
- Any touch points and/or equipment used will be sanitized between each presentation of the graduating students.
- Students will be asked to exit and leave the school once they have returned their gowns.
- There is to be no gathering in groups as they leave the school or in the parking lot.
Grad Gown and Cap Distribution on Thursday, June 17 in the afternoon by 3:30pm.
- Students must pick up their gowns on the afternoon of Thursday, June 17 by 3:30 PM in the cafeteria..
- Students MUST bring your school photo ID card when you pick up your gown.
- Students are responsible for the care and the return of the gown that you are issued.
- The gown must be returned immediately after the ceremonies have concluded in the cafeteria. There will be boxes for the gowns to be returned in. Teacher marshals will be available to assist. If the gown is not returned at this time, then the student is responsible for paying the shipping charges to have the gown sent back to the gown company in Winnipeg. These charges also apply to any students who pick up a gown, but do not attend the ceremonies.
- If the gown is NOT returned or is lost, then the student will have to pay for the cost of the grad gown.
- Since students will pick up their gowns a week before the ceremony, we encourage them to take pictures prior to the ceremonies, at home, or elsewhere. As stated above, gowns must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies and there is to be no gathering outside of the school.
- Two pictures will be taken of each grad by Lifetouch:
- Just after the grad receives their certificate on the stage, the grad will stand at a designated spot, remove mask, and the Lifetouch photographer will take a picture.
- Another picture will be taken of each grad in the cafeteria with a Grad 2021 themed background. This photo will be taken just before returning their grad gown.
**The Lifetouch photographers will be wearing masks and safely distanced from all grads.
We are excited to be able to hold this ceremony in celebration of your academic achievement at Sir Winston Churchill. Become familiar with the expectations outlined in this handout so that the day can run as smoothly and safely as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact any of the Graduation Committee staff members:
Ms. T. Cave
Ms. C. McKelvie
Ms. R. Singh
Ms. L. Breadner
Ms. K. Chan