If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Severe Allergies & Medically Vulnerable Students
We are a Peanut and Tree Nut Aware School. This is due to the fact that we have several children with severe allergies. Some of these children could have a severe reaction. Please do not send any peanut/tree nut products with your child. We want all of our students to be safe at school.
Parents/Guardians of children with severe allergies are required to advise the principal and classroom teacher at the beginning of the school year and to complete and submit medical forms to the school. Students prescribed with an Epi-pen are expected to carry it on their body with a “fanny pack” at all times.
We must have emergency contact information, a recent photograph, and other pertinent information so that the school can have appropriate emergency procedures in place.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.
Health Services – School Nurse
Alberta Health supports our school community by providing nursing services one half day per week. If, for any reason, you wish to refer your child to the nurse, please send a note to your child's teacher and we will arrange a meeting. The nurse is responsible for organizing the immunization program required for our students. You will be contacted if your child is due to have an immunization. The nurse also promotes school wide health practices with staff and students.