Looking forward to seeing you!
August 31, 2020
Dear Sunalta Families,
We want to sincerely thank you for your steadfast belief in Sunalta School. We are working diligently to prepare for welcoming your children to the new school season! Things may look different this year but one thing remains the same, our commitment to the education, health and safety of your children.
We know building relationships is a fundamental piece of school. Please be aware that classes and school configuration are still going to need time to be finalized. Staffing updates will be shared once confirmed due to the Hub process and system shifts, therefor we thank you for your patience and compassion.
Starting tomorrow, Tuesday, September 1st please be reminded that we have staggered entry this week with the exception of Friday September 4, 2020. Friday September 4, 2020 ALL students will attend 8:40 – 11:30.
- Students grades 1 through 6 with last names starting with A – K will be attending school from 8:40 – 11:30.
- Students with last names starting with L- Z will be attending school from 12:30 – 3:20.
- A gentle reminder that parents who come onto school grounds will be expected to wear a mask, model physical distancing and say goodbye to your child outside before they enter the school.
- Tuesday, September 1st, only children whose last name begins with A to G
- Wednesday, September 2nd, only children whose last name begins with H to M
- Thursday, September 3rd, only children whose last name begins with O to Z
- Friday, September 4th, ALL children from the AM kindergarten class attend school.
- Division 1 (Kindergarten and Grades 1 – 3) will be meeting on the front compound of the school, south doors. Please meet at your grade number.
- Division 2 (Grades 4 – 6) will be meeting on the back compound of the school, north doors. Please meet at your grade number.
Please wear a (labeled) mask. Students will be given 2 cloth masks tomorrow provided by the Alberta government. Masks will be worn inside of the school. Please provide a labeled Ziploc bag for your child's mask.
We are asking that families start the first day back to classes with our new procedures. It is necessary that students be assessed using the self-screening form daily before school. This is not to be sent. The following link will allow you to download the most current Alberta Health daily checklist. Please print a copy of the Screening Questionaire. Students showing symptoms as described on the screening questionnaire must remain home.
Our new safety and hygiene protocols are important and we will make every effort to keep everyone in our school safe and well. We encourage families to read both the CBE re-entry document found on the front page of the CBE website as well as our Sunalta re-entry planning document that was shared on Friday, August 28th and located on our website.
Please bring a labeled water bottle that must go home each day as well as a snack, backpack and indoor shoes. Please do not bring any personal items such as toys.
Thank you for your support and willingness to work with us through these unprecedented times. We are so excited to see you all! We have missed your children and are looking forward to welcoming them back to Sunalta School.
IMG_1382.jpg IMG_1387.jpg IMG_1388.jpg IMG_1390.jpg
536 Sonora Ave SW Calgary, AB T3C 2J9 403-777-8590