Students are provided access to computers, other technology and the internet to assist them in their learning. As part of a CBE initiative to increase access to technology, students may bring their own digital devices to school (with school permission) and may use these devices in the classroom for educational purposes (with teacher permission). Students ARE NOT expected to bring digital devices as the school does have computers and devices for student use, however, should students bring their own devices, such use is governed by general guidelines outlined in our digital citizenship plan, our admirable use policy, and summarised below:
- Students are expected to use all computers/digital devices/programs/online repositories (i.e. D2L, CBE mail) respectfully and responsibly in accordance with CBE Administrative Regulation 1062 Responsible Use of Electronic Information Resources
- Teachers discuss digital citizenship with students according to Sunalta School’s digital citizenship policy, and admirable use policy
- Failure to use digital devices in a respectful and responsible manner may result in a progression of disciplinary measures including problem solving, home contact, removal of device and/or loss of privileges.
- Students are responsible for their own electronic devices and the school is not responsible for any loss of or damage to said items.
- All student accounts and files are considered corporate accounts and are monitored by CBE staff.
- Students are expected to report any damage to CBE-owned technology to a staff member