Class List Creation for the 2022 – 2023 School Year
At this time of year, teachers and administration begin planning for the next school year. Class configurations are based on the number of students enrolled in the school and in each grade. In a small school like Sunnyside, combined classes with 2 grades may be necessary in order to balance class sizes. Teachers will meet many times before the end of June to create balanced classes. Teachers will consult with their students and ask them to identify peers that they think they work well with.
When making class lists, the following things will be considered:
- Students' learning and social-emotional needs
- A mix of English Language Learners, special needs and gender
- Students' working relationships with their peers
- Students' learning styles
Professional staff will make every effort to make sure that each student will be in a place where their learning and social-emotional needs will be met. Changes in staffing and student numbers can require class lists to change even just before the first day of school. Because of this, we will not be able to share students' placements until the end of August, when teachers will contact families and welcome their children to their classes.
We thank our parents for trusting our professional judgement.
If a parent has a specific request about student placement for the upcoming school year for educational reasons, the following process must be followed.
- Please make the request in writing to the principal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 27, 2022.
- Please describe your child's specific learning needs.
- Requests will be considered but we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
Thank you for your ongoing support of our school!