Bowwest Community Resource Centre
- Bowness Office 403-216-5348
- Ranchlands Office 403-374-0448
Programs and Services offered
- Family & Parenting
- Clothing & Footwear
- Immigrant Services
- Food & Nutrition
- Employment & Education
- Health & Counselling through Catholic Family Services and Woods Homes
- Housing & Transportation
Community Education Services
The Community Education Service (CES) provides parents/caregivers and other community members with opportunities to access free, public education sessions on child and youth emotional wellness and health topics.
Alberta Government Covid-19 Supports Click on the link to access:
- COVID-19 Online Resources
- Find Healthcare Services
- Social & Community (includes housing, food, sexual assault, violence)
- LGBTQ2S+ / Sexual and Gender Diversity
Inform Alberta Food Support Click here for help locating food for your family
Brown Bagging For Calgary Kids
Brown Bagging For Calgary Kids has been feeding Calgary Kids for the past 30 years.
At Terrace Road, Brown Bagging delivered enough food to ensure every child without lunch was able to be well fed.
With schools closed, there has been an adjustment to the mode of delivery to ensure families have enough food.
The following "close-by" restaurants are currently supporting Brown Bagging For Kids' volunteers.
Lunch Orders / Pick-ups
Food Finder YYC
Address: 4105 Montgomery View NW (By Edworthy Park Bridge)
Phone Number: (403) 807-0379
Available Hours: 10am-5pm
PRE-ORDER DELIVERY ONLY: Please text 403 807 0379 with First and Last name, Address, Phone number, and number of people serving
-Hand made meals in AHS approved kitchen, following all health and safety guidelines and COVID-19 regulations.
-Contactless delivery by volunteer drivers. Driver will call you within an hour of delivery. Upon delivery driver will ring doorbell. Should no one come to collect, driver will call same number to indicate it has been dropped off.
1918 Tap and Table
Address: 1918 Kensington Rd NW (Accessible by Bus #1 heading downtown)
Phone Number: 403 209 1918
Available Hours: 11am-7:30pm
Available Days: 7 days a week
Pick-up information: PRE-ORDER or WALK-IN.
Pre-Order(preferred): call 403 209 1918 before 10am, leave a message indicating you are calling for Food Finder YYC, leave your name, how many lunches
you need, and approx. time of collection.
Walk-in: Please inform staff you are from Food Finder YYC, and how many lunches you need.
-Lunch will include a bun sandwich with the buns being made fresh in house, a fruit, vegetables and a muffin (items may vary depending on supply).
-Please follow physical distance guidelines. All lunches were made and prepared following AHS and COVID-19 guidelines.
Gift Card Support
Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids is offering families of K-12 students support in purchasing healthy food for growing kids.
If you need support, please fill out the form below to receive a $30 gift card for each K-12 student in your household.
The linked form needs to be filled out to access these gift cards. Scroll down the page and the form is as shown on the left hand side.
Get Help Now
Important Phone Numbers
211 is free, confidential, multilingual and available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Don’t like talking on the phone? Online chat is available from 12-8pm daily at ab.211.ca.
Why would I contact 211?
- I need food, shelter and/or transportation
- I need financial support to help pay my utility bill, rent and/or damage deposit
- I need to find mental health and addictions support
- I need information on Government programs and phone numbers
- I don’t know where to go for Legal support
- I want to volunteer for an organization
- I want to make a donation of furniture and/or clothing
- I am concerned about a friend or family member
- I am looking for services for a client
- We have access to thousands of other services