December 4th, 2020
Hello UES Families,
As you know, I was contracted by CBE as a retired Principal, only to fill in at UES for 6 weeks until Winter Break. A new Principal has now been appointed to University School to start after Winter Break. Here is the UES Message to Families from Mr. Jeremy Lang.
Here are a few quick updates for the week:
Two weeks before the winter break! Students are working hard and so are teachers. Do you wonder what teachers do during PD days? This Friday many of our staff were recertifying their First Aid training. All of our teachers have been involved in building our capacity around assessment and reporting practices, in preparation for February report cards. Teachers engage in a continuous cycle of instruction, assessment and adjustment, analyzing assessment data individually and with students, colleagues and school leaders to adjust instructional strategies and to articulate multiple avenues for the presentation of students learning against well understood outcomes.
Important Upcoming Dates
Fri. Dec. 11 Kindergarten PM attends
Fri. Dec 18 Kindergarten AM attends
Spirit day: Sleepy Pajama day
Last day of School before Winter Break
Mon. Dec. 21 Winter Break Starts
Mon. Jan. 4 PD Day - No School for students|
Tues. Jan 5 Classes Resume
Social/Emotional Wellness During Covid-19
We recognize that this is a time that may cause challenges to student and family wellness. Please know that there are a variety of counselling supports available to assist you or your children.
- Access Mental Health: 403-943-1500
- Calgary Counselling Centre: 403-691-5991 Only telephone and online counselling are available
- Distress Centre: 403-266-4357 The call centre is closed, with staff working remotely. Support is still available 24/7.
7. Eastside Family Centre: 403-299-9696 Only phone and e-therapy services available
8. Kid’s Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
9. Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642
10. Catholic Family Services - Rapid Access Counselling: 403-233-2360 or email email@example.com
Food Supports during Covid-19
- Alberta 211 - call 211 for urgent food support
- The Calgary Food Bank - request food hampers by calling 403-253-2055.
- Check out www.foodfinderyyc.com on a regular basis as well as new food support locations are being added each week. Some of these locations will offer lunch/dinner by registration or by drop in (some may even offer delivery) and some will offer food hampers