Are you interested in...
- Ensuring, developing and enhancing bursaries available to Western Canada High School graduates;
- Preserving the rich history of Western Canada High School through maintaining and displaying School and Student artifacts;
- Ensuring continued recognition of the ultimate sacrifices made by former students, teachers and employees of Western Canada High School continue to chronicled and recognized;
- Developing in-school recognition of the amazement achievements of former students, teachers and employees of Western Canada High School in a manner that will motivate current Western Canada high school students;
- Enhancing the “education experience” and foster friendships of present and former Western Canada High School students;
If you answered yes, or feel you might like to be involved in any of the above then come and be part of the Western Canada High School Alumni.
Our first meeting of the new school year is September 12, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. in the school conference room, just off the main entrance.
If you want further information please look us up on Facebook or contact Al Zhang.
The other meetings for the year are:
- Dec. 5 2018 at 5:00PM
- Feb. 27 2019 at 5:00PM
- May 8 2019 at 4:00 for bursary and 5:00PM for AGM
Western Canada High School Alumni Association was founded February 29, 1996 and received their Certificate of Incorporation under the Societies Act of Alberta on January 22, 1998. It was incorporated to foster and strengthen the friendship of the graduates of our founders, Western Canada College (circa 1903), and Western Canada High School.
The Western Canada High School Alumni Foundation is the charitable arm of the Association. The founding principle of the Foundation is the establishment of the Legacy Fund to provide bursaries to graduates of Western pursuing post-secondary studies. Tax deductible donations to this fund may be sent to The Calgary Foundation, earmarked The Western Canada High School Alumni Foundation Legacy Fund.
Membership in the Association is open to all past students of Western Canada High School and all past and present staff members.