Welcome to another exciting year at Western Canada High School (WCHS)! As all our students, returning and new, strive to meet standards and traditions set over the last hundred years and more, your School Council strives to help.
Your School / Parent Council connects parents, teachers and community to facilitate and improve communication between home and school. We also work together to:
- support every student's learning experience;
- keep parents connected with school activities;
- act as a sounding board for administration;
- arrange Guest Speakers for parents;
- represent WCHS at the CBE’s Council of School Councils (CoSC);
- represent WCHS at the Alberta School Council’s Association (ASCA)..
Every parent or guardian of a student at WCHS is automatically a member of your School / Parent Council.
School Council meetings are now held online, all are welcome! Watch for WCHS Council meeting links in
- WCHS Admin Weekly emails,
- the WCHS Council Facebook Page, and
- this webpage
September 27, 2022 - Parent Council Meeting - Microsoft Teams recording
Thank You All! Hundreds support events, programs and of course your executive. Please continue this typically-Canadian tradition and apply to donate your time:
Your Executive Committee
Chairperson: Jeff Glasier
Co-Vice Chairperson: Natalia Sorokina
Secretary: Karen Savoy
Treasurer: Veronica Martens
Key Communicator: Rama Khare
Members-at-Large and Past Chairperson
Special Speaker Coordinator: Jody Robbins
Volunteer Coordinator: Ruby Bolar-Sait
Digital Communications: Vacant
Member -at -Large: Nancy Yang
Member-at-Large: Arbaiza Jamaluddin
Member-at-Large: Richard Gorecki
Past Chairperson: Wendy Wadey
Council Operating Procedures
Click here for our Operating Procedures (pdf).
Contact Your School / Parent Council
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/2651871125054120/