Your School / Parent Council connects parents, teachers, and the community to facilitate and improve communication between home and school. We also work together to:
- support every student's learning experience;
- keep parents connected with school activities;
- act as a sounding board for administration;
- arrange Guest Speakers for parents;
- represent WCHS at the CBE’s Council of School Councils (CoSC);
- represent WCHS at the Alberta School Council’s Association (ASCA)..
Every parent or guardian of a student at WCHS is automatically a member of your School / Parent Council.
School Council meetings are now held online, all are welcome! Watch for WCHS Council meeting links in the WCHS Admin Weekly emails.
October 2023 - Parent Council Meeting
November 2023 - Parent Council AGM
Previous Year's Meetings
September 27, 2022 - Parent Council Meeting - Microsoft Teams recording
March 1, 2023 - Parent Council Meeting - Microsoft Teams recording
April 13, 2023 - All About Grad! - Parent Council Meeting - Microsoft Teams recording
Thank you all, we couldn't do it without your help!
Our volunteers support WCHS events, programs, and of course, your executive. Please fill out the WCHS Volunteer Interest Form and continue this typically Canadian tradition by contributing to our great community.
Many opportunities, like staff appreciation events do not require a police check. However, direct involvement with students does. Please visit the link below for more information.
Your Executive Committee
- Chairperson: Karen Savoy
- Vice Chairperson: Natalia Sorokina
- Secretary: Sonny Mottahead
- Treasurer: Rhona Cui
- Special Speaker Coordinator: Natalia Sorokina
- Key Communicator: Osaro Ezomo
- Volunteer Coordinator: Ruby Bolar-Sait
- Digital Communications: Carla Parker
- Grant Writer: Donna Forrest
- Member-at-Large: Edward Ling
- Member-at-Large: Timothy Walters
- Member-at-Large: Grace Yang
- Member-at-Large: Cecilia Sun
Council Operating Procedures
Contact Your School / Parent Council