Students researching health & wellness topics will find these sections of the library most useful:
- topics related to psychology will be found in the 150's.
- topics related to personal finance will be found in the 332's.
- topics related to social problems & services will be found in the 360's.
- topics related to education will be found in the 370's.
- topics related to medical sciences (including nutrition) will be found in the 610's.
- topics related to athletic or outdoor sports and games will be found in the 790's.
Online Library Catalogue
To search for specific resources in the WCHS library collection, use the online Library Catalogue. This video tutorial will help you get started with using the Catalogue.
The Gale Virtual Reference Library has useful e-books for students researching health & wellness issues.
Look under Science and Medicine to find titles like Human Diseases and Conditions or World of Sports Science.
For home use, your password is our school team name.
The Online Reference Centre has credible academic resources chosen specifically for Alberta students.
Try Teen Health and Wellness. This is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED resource.
For home use, see the Librarian for your username and password.
These websites offer credible information for health & wellness related topics:
Calgary Public Library's e-Resources
The Calgary Public Library has a fantastic collection of e-resources -for students. You can access these with your CBE credentials:
- library card number/username: enter your @educbe.ca gmail account
- password: 1234567