Student Records

If you need a copy of a student’s records and the student currently attends our school, contact our office. For more information, or for students who do not currently attend our school, visit the student records and transcripts page on the CBE website.​​​

Student Records & Transcripts

A student transcript is an official record of high school marks accepted by post-secondary institutions. It is issued by Alberta Education, for a fee. You can request a transcript through the Alberta Education website.​

For an unofficial transcript (a record of your marks) or other student records for a student attending our school, contact our office. For more information, or for students who do not currently attend our school, view the student records and transcripts page on the CBE website.

Diploma Exam Results

Diploma exam results are only available online via myPass, Alberta Education’s secure self-service website for high school students. Students who have not signed up for myPass when their diploma exam results are released will automatically be mailed a letter with instructions on how they can obtain access to myPass. For more information, view the student records and transcripts page on the CBE website.

Students in Diploma level courses (listed below) during second semester of 2019-20, please note: 

Official marks will be updated by Alberta Education by July 20.  Prior to July 20 your marks for diploma subjects taken during the second semester will show as incomplete on your Detailed Academic Record (DAR).  If you are applying for a post secondary and need to send your transcripts via myPass, please wait until your DAR has been updated.  Students who are rewriting a diploma exam in June will have their DAR updated by July 20.

Biology 30

Chemistry 30

English Language Arts 30-1 and 30-2

French Language Arts 30-1

Mathematics 30-1 and 30-2

Physics 30

Science 30

Social Studies 30-1 and 30-2​

Alberta Education myPass

If you are a Grade 10, 11, or 12 student you can create an Alberta Education myPass account and use the myPass website​ to view diploma exam marks, Detailed Academic Reports (DAR), and progress towards a high school credentials (diploma or certificate). If you have questions, contact Alberta Education for more information.​

Records & Transcripts

Access to Official Student Records

CBE maintains one Official Student Record (OSR) for each student. All student information is personal and confidential, and may only be disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, to

  • the student to whom the information pertains;
  • the parent of the student to whom the information pertains, unless the student is an independent student;
  • an individual with access or entitlement under a court order, unless the student is an independent status;
  • the parent of an independent student, provided that written authorization granting access has been given by the independent student;
  • officers of a court under a subpoena, court order, etc. 

For the entire list, please refer to CBE Administrative Regulation 6024 - Student Records).

Anyone requesting to see a student’s OSR  must submit a written letter to the principal. Before seeing the file, photo ID with birth date and signature as well as proof of one’s legal right to review the file will be requested.

Prior to providing access to the Official Student Record, the record must be reviewed by the principal or designate to ensure:

  • compliance with this CBE Student Record Administrative Regulation;
  • compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act; and
  • no reference to personal information of others is included in the file.

The contents of the Official Student Record may be examined on an appointment basis by persons who are entitled to do so. When a record is being accessed by individuals other than authorized CBE employees, the principal or designate must always be present in the room.

If parents/caregivers don’t agree with the contents of their student’s file, they have the right to dispute it.

A person who is entitled to access an Official Student Record may request a copy of the official record. A request for copies of documents contained in the Official Student Record must be made on the appropriate form. (Student Records Request & Authorization Form) This form:

  • is in writing;
  • identifies what is to be copied;
  • the name the recipient of the copy;
  • the written consent of the student or parent, if the recipient is other than the student or parent.

Fees for copies may apply.

The following information has been drawn from CBE Admin Regulation 6024. It can be found in its entirety on the CBE website.

Last modified on

Students worked with braiding the sweetgrass to collaborate on an art installation to commemorate the tragedy in Kamloops. It will be taken to Kamloops to put up in front of the residential school .. (the Buffalo). @hullcalgary @WeAreCBE @Indigenous_cbe

RT @CBELanguages: Splendid vist @HullSchool @yyCBEdu . The new crosswalk painted by the students looks great! The results of thework in the garden by the students of teacher A. Simms and Educational Child and Youth Care Counsellors V. Somers and J. Maddigan Wood are truly amazing!

Team work makes the dream work at William Roper Hull School! Students and staff collaborated to create this beautiful mural in front of our wonderful school on Thursday afternoon. #Pride2021 @yyCBEdu @hullcalgary