Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in student lockers during class instruction. Teachers may give permission for students to use cell phones as a digital device when the use of the device supports and or enhances learning. Cell phones will be returned to lockers after use. Use of cell phones or personal listening devices for classwork requires permission from the sponsoring teacher.
Computer Usage Guidelines
These guidelines are to be followed for all computers in the school. All students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in the CBE receive a school email account, which is accessible from both school and home.
Guidelines for Using the Computers at Willow Park
- Treat the computer with respect.
- Always ask Learning Commons staff for permission before using the computer. In the classroom, ask the classroom teacher.
- Use the computer only for school-related activities: homework, research, etc.
- Students should not change their desktop image or system preferences.
- All software installed on the computer is copyrighted.
- Do not install or remove any software on the computer.
- Do not change, copy, delete, read or otherwise access files that are not yours.
- Files will be saved to the server or Google Drive.
- Students will be allowed to use the computers in the Computer Lab at lunchtime if a supervisor is present in the lab.
- Misuse of student email account could result in the account being closed. i.e. profanity, harassment, threats, cheating, etc.
- Any changes made to the keyboards (i.e. switching keys, mice etc.) will result in losing privileges for a period of time.
Parents/guardians will be notified if there has been unacceptable use of the computer resources and student access to computers may be limited or denied.