First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020 and the school office is open to parents on Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Staggered Start to School Year
We will be doing a staggered start to school next week and wanted to provide you with as much notice as we can. To ensure the safety and wellness of all staff and students, we are asking that families start the first day back to classes following these procedures and schedule.
Use the Self Screening Questionnaire to assess your child’s health using the self-screening form (see link below) daily before leaving for school. The following link will allow you to download the most current Alberta Health daily checklist. You may wish to print a copy of the Self-screening Questionnaire. Students showing symptoms as described on the Self-screening Questionnaire must remain home.
Abbeydale School will be starting the first two days on a staggered start with half the school coming on Sept. 1 and the other half on Sept. 2.
- Sept. 1 - Families with students whose last names begin with letters A-L will come to school.
- Sept. 2 - Families with students whose last names begin with letters M-Z will come to school.
- Sept. 3 - All students will come to school and follow the staggered entry times listed below.
All students on our bus will come all days.
Entry and dismissal times this entire year will be modified in order to minimize the number of students entering the building. Grades K, 1, and 2 will enter the school at 8:00 AM. Grades 3, 4, and 5 will enter the building at 8:15 AM.
- Kindergarten dismissal will be at 10:46 AM, Monday to Friday
- Grades 1 and 2 dismissals will be 2:40 PM, Monday to Thursday and 12:30 PM on Fridays.
- Grades 3, 4, and 5 dismissals will be 2:55 PM, Monday to Thursday and 12:45 PM on Fridays.
Other Procedures to note for this school year.
- There will no sharing of materials, toys, or any personal items; students are not to bring any toys.
- Also, in accordance with all CBE schools, the playground will be closed before and after school. Please discuss these items with your children prior to the first day of school.
All parents will be contacted by their child’s teacher before the end of the day on Aug. 31. Teachers will introduce themselves and provide you with important information regarding your child’s first day of school. Many of your questions will be answered at this time.
We are a school that follows the modified calendar. To view our school’s calendar, click here.
For system calendars, please visit here.
For those families that choose to pay for their child to stay for lunch, our lunch room supervisors and teachers provide supervision over the lunch hour. There will be a Noon Supervision fee for students that stay, which can be paid online at MyCBE / PowerSchool. As well, an Incidental Activity fee will be charged that can be paid here at Abbeydale School.
Teachers will call your home to introduce themselves to you sometime between August 12 - August 14. Please join us on August 15 at 8:15 AM for treats and coffee. Teachers names will be placed on the wall as a meeting place for you and your child that morning.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Our school office opens on Aug. 27, 2020, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM for registration.