Bus maps are available in the school office during the current school year. They are available in the lobby at the beginning of next school year at the end of August as well as on the Acadia School website. Bus routes can change year to year.
In order to have a smoothly operating bus system and to promote safety, we ask students and parents to observe the following routines:
- Students are expected to ride their designated bus.
- Parents must inform the school by note or phone call if they are planning to pick up their child/ren.
- After dismissal, students are to go directly to their bus.
- Bus drivers will make a seating plan where students are expected to sit.
- Once the students get on the bus, they must stay in their assigned seat. They are not allowed to get off the bus to run back into the school because they have forgotten something unless given permission by a bus supervisor.
- Parents are asked to use the crosswalk when they pick up their child/ren. Please do not cross directly in front of the buses or between the busses.
- If students miss the bus, they will be asked to phone their parents to come and pick them up. Please note that the school office closes at 3:30 PM.
- Drivers must keep to their schedule. Please teach your child/ren the importance of punctuality. Help your child to be early for the bus. Students are permitted to get on or off the bus only at their designated stops.
- Bused students are not permitted to walk home from the school under any circumstances.
- Parents are requested to have an alternate base for their child/ren to go to if they miss the bus, or if the bus is late (i.e. during bad weather). The phone number of the ALTERNATE should be provided to the bus company along with the usual phone numbers of the parents’ home and office.
- www.myschoolbusmonitor.ca is a website to check for late/delayed bus information.
Any questions or concerns year round about busing (including late buses and lost items on the bus), please contact Southland Transportation at 403-253-9323.
Please contact CBE Transportation at 403-817-7433 if you are moving, your child is changing schools or you have questions about transportation contracts and bus contract payments.