Computer & Networking Use Expectations
When working on computers OR other electronic devices connected to the network, students must use them in an appropriate fashion in order to accomplish a specific task set by the teachers.
- Students must report all computer problems immediately.
- Students must get permission from staff prior to using computers and prior to printing. Printing in excess of the yearly student quota may be subject to paying per copy costs.
- Students using the Internet must comply with CBE policy. A copy of the “Electronic Networkable Devices & Network User” form is sent home with your child at the start of the year. Failure to abide by AEC and CBE policies will result in a loss of privileges.
- Students must have permission from teachers to download from the Internet or to print documents.
- If students come to a site that is inappropriate they must exit immediately and report this to a teacher. Internet use on school or personal devices must only occur with teacher permission and should only be for educational purposes.
Students Must Not
- post personal information about other people, including family members, fellow students, teachers and friends
- trespass in other people’s folders, work or files
- access chat areas or social networking sites
- give passwords to other people or use other people’s passwords
- gain unauthorized access to resources and sites
- violate copyright laws
- waste limited resources including file space and printing supplies
- send or display offensive messages or pictures