Ensuring our students get to school safely is everyone’s responsibility. Please be mindful of crosswalks, parking rules and speed limits when you are near our schools, especially during the morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal times. When dropping off and/or picking up children at the side of the school – along 33 Avenue, please be extremely careful of all our students as this area tends to become very congested and visibility is often difficult.
- The bus zones are in effect from 7:00 AM to 5 PM on weekdays on 33 Avenue. beside the school and needs to be cleared of any parked cars during these hours.
- Parents and or guardians cannot drop off or pick up their child in the bus zone.
- Handicapped bus zones - No parking or dropping off students
Traffic Bylaw Reminders
Just a few reminders about going through alley ways. The City of Calgary Bylaw states:
- “The speed limit in all alleys is 15 km/h. Speeding in an alley carries the same fine as speeding on a roadway. For example, if you are traveling at 50 km/h in an alley, this is 35 km/h over the limit and your fine would be $219 and 4 demerit points.”
- “You may not park within 1.5 meters of or directly across from a driveway or garage entrance in an alley. Parking is also not allowed in front of or within 1.0 meters of the side of a garbage container or in alleys that are less than 6.1 meters wide.”
- “You may not block an alley or impede other vehicles from using the alley. You must also leave a minimum of 3.0 meters unobstructed width for the passage of other vehicles. The penalty for violating these parking restrictions is $40 and your vehicle may be towed.”
Staff Parking Lot
The staff parking lot is reserved for A.E Cross Staff and Calgary Board of Education personnel. Since all parking spots have been assigned and paid for, we request your cooperation in not parking in this lot.