We Are Known For
Learning through the arts excellence, a strong focus on student citizenship and positive community connections.
- Learning should be joyous, active and meaningful.
- A learning through the arts approach is quality learning.
- A safe and supportive environment fosters life-long learning and responsible citizenship.
- Each and every individual is unique.
- Open, honest communication is very important. It should be reflective and sincere, valuing all voices.
- All members of our learning community need to become self-directed, collaborative learners.
- Parents and family are foundational to the success of each student.
- Student success is ensured through focus on the CBE ends of academic achievement, responsible citizenship, acquiring one's personal highest potential and building character.
We Focus on Success
- Excellent provincial achievement results.
- High parental/student satisfaction.
- "Excellence of staff" rated as the highest criterion for attending AFE.
- Strong emphasis on student leadership/mastery.
- Award-winning patrol teams.
- Numerous local and international acts of generosity.
- Part of the world class Calgary Board of Education, the dynamic learning community of choice and winner of the 2007 Governance Award.