The Alexander Ferguson Elementary School Society Out of School Care Program (OSC), an Accredited Child Care Service, was established in 1992.
Developing the confidence to be our best.
In collaboration with governing bodies to provide an excellent Out of School Care Program that fosters care and education based on best practice.
To foster high levels of achievement in order to enhance children’s experience based on the following goals and beliefs:
- Children will be given the opportunity to interact with adults who are knowledgeable, consistent and caring in their relationships with children.
- Children will be given the opportunity to plan, select and implement programs appropriate to their ages.
- The program will reflect individual and group needs by providing flexibility in scheduling.
- Activities will generally be self-directed and designed to enhance the child’s self-esteem and relationships with others.
- The program will provide a caring, supportive atmosphere for both children and parents that as far as possible exhibit a supportive and nurturing home environment.
- The program will allow for the development of each child’s physical, social, intellectual, creative and emotional needs.
- The program will provide for gross motor activities, in large and small groups.
Hours and days of operation
Please note that the program is open only when school is in and only for students of Alexander Ferguson Elementary School. The program operates 5 days a week from Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 8:35 AM and 3:25 PM to 5:30 PM. On Noon dismissal days, the program operates from 12:00 PM to 5:30 PM. The program is closed on National Holidays, Professional Development days, Organizational Days, Parent-Teacher Interview Days, Christmas and Sping breaks.
The program is closed on the following school breaks:
|Winter break||Dec. 18, 2021 to Jan. 3, 2022|
|Teachers Convention||February 17 and 18|
|Spring Break||Mar. 19–Mar 27, 2022|
|Summer Break||Jun. 29, 2020 to Sep. (TBD), 2022|
$400/month flat rate fee per child*
One month written notice for children leaving the program.
Late fees of $10 for every 10 minutes that children are late being picked up from the program.
Out of School Care (OSC) is pleased to offer supervision for kindergarten students attending the afternoon class. We provide quality programming, including crafts, games, stories and nature walks around the school. We will provide pick up and drop off for the children to the kindergarten classroom. On Fridays when these students come to kindergarten in the morning, OSC provides supervision from 7:00 am – 8:30 am and then again from 11:30 am – 5:30 pm.
Hours: 7 AM to 12:30 PM and 3:30PM to 5:30PM Monday to Thursday
7AM to 8:35 AM and 11:30AM to 5:30 PM Friday
Fee: $575 per month
Wait List Information:
To be placed on the OSC wait list, a child must be registered at Alexander Ferguson School.
AFESS OSC accepts wait list applications on a first come first serve basis. AFESS philosophy supports the continuity of care for all AFESS families, and therefore priority is given to siblings of children currently enrolled in the program. The date of acceptance on the wait list will be the date the completed wait list form, and payment of the wait list fee, are received by the Program Director.
Please note that the $25 wait list fee is non-refundable, and does not guarantee a spot in the OSC program.
For any questions or concerns about the program or to be placed on our wait list, please call 587-777-8183 or email us at email@example.com.