Kindergarten Registration 2021/22
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year!
Alexander Ferguson School is a community school providing education for children in kindergarten to grade six for the communities in and around Shaganappi. Please check the map on our school website. Alexander Ferguson School
Our school places an emphasis on learning through the arts. Each year we work closely with our school council to bring in artists and experts to teach our students the approved curriculum through exploring art.
Our school vision is to create confident, caring, creative and contributing people: our responsibility, our opportunity and our legacy. Our School Motto is "Making a World of Difference" and is vividly illustrated on our outside school mural painted by nationally-recognized mural artist and former AFS parent, Doug Driediger.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Kindergarten registration will look different this year. We are asking families to complete the registration and submit the information electronically. Please follow the steps outlined below:
Not a Canadian Citizen
If your child is not a Canadian citizen, you must contact the CBE Welcome Centre to register your child. CBE Welcome Center Once you have received your documentation from the Welcome Center, they will help you to complete the registration steps.
Parents will be required to print and complete the attached Kindergarten Registration Form. Once completed, parents need to scan or take a photo of each page of the completed registration form along with the following documents
- Save the file as “New Registration” - followed by the full legal name of the child/student. For example, if the full legal name of the child is Morgan Aubrey Smith, then the file is saved as, New Registration – Morgan Aubrey Smith.
- Beginning on January 11 at 8:30 am you may email the saved file to email@example.com. The subject line of the email is to be “New Registration”- followed by the full legal name of the child/student.
- In the body of your email, please identify your preference for a morning or afternoon kindergarten class. If you are interested in childcare, our school has an out of school private program offered in the morning for those students wishing to attend the school’s afternoon kindergarten class. For more information on the program, please check the school website.
- You will receive an email receipt acknowledging we have received your registration package. The school will review the forms and contact you if there are any discrepancies.
- Photocopy of your child’s birth certificate (preferred) or passport
- Photocopy of Proof of Address
- one parent or guardian driver’s license or
- a utility bill e.g. Enmax or Direct Energy
If you are unable to complete the above steps electronically, you may contact the school to arrange a time to bring your completed documents including the registration form and photocopied child’s birth certificate or passport to the school. State your preference for am or pm class on the registration form. In this package, also include a photocopy of proof of address (either a parent or guardian driver’s license or a utility bill e.g. Enmax or Direct Energy.) Once the package has been quarantined for 72 hours (about 3 days) they will be reviewed by our staff. If your package is incomplete or we require additional information, you will be contacted to complete the registration.
At any time, if you have questions about the registration process, please feel free to contact the school via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 403-777-8270.
Thank you and we look forward to ‘Making a World of Difference’ with your child.