It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-777-8400 ext. 1. See more on our Attendance page.
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- The office will be closed from July 1, 2023 - August 28, 2023 inclusive.
Monday - Thursday
|AM Warning Bell
AM Start Bell
PM Warning Bell 2
PM Start Bell 2I
|AM Warning Bell
AM Entry Bell
| 07:58 I/O
All students eat in their classrooms and then go outside for recess together.
There are 24 minutes of non-instructional time built into each day. They are accounted for in this manner.
- There is a 5-minute window from the warning bell to start bell every morning.
- We try to minimize the interactions of some of our students in different grades by having a moving 15-minute recess Monday to Thursday. Each teacher depending on when their Phys. Ed. is, will take their kids out for a 12-13 minute play break (+ 2-3 minutes transition back). Phys. Ed. Requires transition times outside of the 30-minute block (2 minutes to and 2 minutes back).
- The calculation for Monday to Thursday is 5+12+3+2+2=24, for Friday it is 5+2+2=9
- Monday to Thursday, lunch and lunch recess are 10 minutes to eat and 28 minutes to play before the PM warning bell. There is then a PM start bell 2 minutes later for a total of 40 minutes for lunch.
- Teachers will determine when mathematics is scheduled into their daily plan. Time dedicated to targeted mathematics instruction is at least 60 minutes per day.
Our school profile includes a dynamic map with our designation area and walk zone.