School uniforms have become an important part of the culture that has been established through time at the All Boys Program. Having the boys wear uniforms to school gives the boys a sense of belonging and connectedness immediately as they come to school. The commitment to wearing the uniform is one the boys should be proud of and one that is supported. Staff will be reinforcing the sense of belonging and community with the boys and there will be many references made in relation to the uniforms. Through feedback from the boys and conversations with parents we have made some adjustments to the uniforms. The expectation for the boys will be for them to be wearing their uniform every day. Below are some guidelines that we would like to have so we can create that sense of community within the school:
- Monday – Friday | the boys should wear their school t-shirt or their long sleeve performance shirt or combination of both.
- Hoodies | Those boys wanting to wear a hoodie need to wear an ABP hoodie.
- Pants | The boys have access to ABP sweatpants and shorts to wear for their pants – the boys are asked to wear either: ABP shorts / ABP sweatpants / bluejeans / navy blue pants.
- Golf Shirt | The boys will wear their golf shirt on “occasions”. We will put out an announcement when this is the case. The boys will also be expected to wear their golf shirt when they are on field trips or for special occasions.
- Mandatory items | school t-shirt and golf shirt. The other items are not mandatory; however we will be asking the boys wanting to wear shorts, sweatpants, and hoodies to be wearing ABP attire.