Attendance Line 403-777-8400 Extension 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
Attendance at school is certainly one of the greatest ways to set your child up for success. There are however days when your child is not feeling well or has a medical appointment. It is imperative though that you contact the school and inform us of your sons absence and the reason.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Allergies | Nut-Free School
We are committed to providing a safe environment that is inclusive for all children. A number of our students have a potentially life-threatening allergy to peanut and tree nuts. Parents of children with allergies must fill out appropriate forms (also available in the office) and ensure the school has the necessary medication on-hand should a reaction occur. We ask that parents who are sending in classroom treats, please avoid the noted products. Staff is trained annually in the administration of an Epipen.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.