- Provides a quality program that focuses on high achievement in which students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Has a very active, committed and supportive school council which works together with school staff to provide the best learning opportunities for the children.
- Offers additional programs such as: leadership, choir, Orff, safety patrols, intramurals, and various other extracurricular activities.
- Provides opportunities for students to demonstrate their successful daily classroom activities and work through assemblies, Sharing Nights, Conferences, and performances outside the school.
- Is committed to learning and protecting the environment. We have an extensive community/ edible garden where eat classroom tends to their own class bed.
- Is committed as an entire community to working together to integrate technology with the goal of enhancing learning and teaching in all areas of the curriculum.
Altadore School is focused on bringing the entire school community
together to help each and every one of our students succeed – in academics,
citizenship, character and personal development. We believe in ongoing formative assessment to
determine the individual strengths and learning needs of our students. We then combine this information with strong
instructional practices in order to design learning tasks that are active and
intellectually engaging for our students.
Learning is personalized so that all students can participate, progress
and achieve. Applying learning and building connections between the classroom, local and
global communities is emphasized. A
well-rounded program including daily physical education and a focus on the fine
arts is supplemented by off-site excursions, artist in residency programs, and a
variety of extracurricular activities.