Appropriate Use of Technology
As Alternative High School is a learning community computer technology within our school is to be used only to support and strengthen Alberta Programs of Studies. Policies outlined below reflect the Information and Communication Technologies Curriculum as developed by Alberta Education.
- Use of computers to play games, enter social media sites, or visit inappropriate websites, including external email providers is prohibited unless pre-approved by the classroom teacher for curricular related activities.
- Students who behave inappropriately using technology provided by the school will have their privileges restricted or suspended by the Administration. Students and parents are hereby informed that a first time offence will result in computer privileges being suspended and/or modified (admin/teacher discretion) for a two week period. A second offence will result in computer privileges being suspended or modified (admin/teacher discretion) for the remainder of the school year.
- Every student is given a unique username and password to access school computers.
- Students must not give their passwords to other students. Students will be held responsible for activities conducted under their account.
- If a student forgets their password, a school staff member can reset it.
Individuals should not be taking or distributing photos of others without their permission.
Cellphones should be used for academic purposes with teacher knowledge.