Annie Foote School is a kindergarten to grade six school located in the east half of the Calgary community of Temple. We are on a large green space that is connected to both a Calgary Catholic School and the Temple Community Centre.
The student population is very diverse - 67% of our students are English Language Learners coming from homes where 35 different languages are spoken. For many of our students, English is their third or fourth language. Students who attend our School come to us from the east half of the Temple community and are bussed to us from Skyview Ranch.
- A focus on design thinking and problem solving through real world task design, disciplinary literacy, a beautiful environmental learning center and an evolving makerspace
- Excellent student access to technology
- Strong focus on literacy and numeracy, through the lens of disciplinary literacy
- Single grade teams of teachers
- Specialists in music, physical education
- Learning Leaders provide teacher coaching in literacy, math, English Language Learning and trauma sensitivity
- Morning and afternoon kindergarten hours match our Grade 1-6 times
- Field trips, subsidized annual swimming lessons, in-school presentations, residencies and activities, and many additional learning enhancements
- A growing collection of books, supported by an Indigo Love of Reading grant
- Holistic approach to learning with supports for focus and self-regulation through the Zones of Regulation, Mindfulness, Morning Workouts, MindUp and trauma sensitivity
- A lunch program and lunch hour clubs, including student leadership