Good day Annie Foote Families,
I wanted to take a moment to share a few thoughts I had during this Thanksgiving weekend. I hope you all enjoyed some time with family and friends, all while adhering to the health protocols, and maybe even a moment to yourselves.
During my moment of reflection I thought about how fast this weekend actually came! Where did this past 6 weeks go? It was a school start up like no other, lots of changes, lots of adjustments but it was accomplished with excellence. While navigating uncharted territories, the Annie Foote staff always kept students' best interests at the center of every decision we made.
Our students are coming to school everyday smiling at us with their “eyes", as they have adjusted amazingly to the mask guidelines. Our parent community has been supportive of these new protocols, and we cannot thank you enough for that. This new health measure has been implemented with ease.
When I reflect on the teachers, I have an abundance of gratitude for them as they have risen to this unbelievable challenge with grace and professionalism. They have been busy rethinking and redesigning the way they teach, all while collecting assessment information for each student to ensure their learning plan is intact. I am in awe with the students and staff as I am only one of a few lucky people who can indeed, travel throughout the school and see first hand everything in action. Learning is happening and children are happy.
Items for your review:
- Please continue to monitor your child for symptoms of illness and keep them home until they have resolved.
- Please remember to register your students for lunch time supervision. You can do this through your PowerSchool Account.
- Please send your child to school with a healthy lunch and snacks. This will help us reduce visitors coming into the school, as we do our best to meet the new COVID food drop off restrictions. As always, if there is an emergency, please call the office.
- Please send in your updated demographic forms ASAP.
- Please ensure we have your accurate e-mail address on file. AHS protocols have changed and the school is required to provide this information to support contact tracing.
- October 30th is a system wide professional development day, there will be no classes. Students will return to school on November 2nd, 2020.
- Lastly, On October 29th, students can choose to wear costumes or orange and black if they prefer. We kindly ask that only “COVID approved face masks" are worn and there are to be no swords, or items that could be viewed as weapons. Students must wear their costumes before coming to school as staff will not be able to support costume dressing/changing.
WE will be having our Annual General Meeting of the school council VIRTUALLY on October 22nd at 6:30 pm. We would love for you to attend! This will be an online meeting through Microsoft teams. A link to the meeting will be sent by October 21st. This meeting will include a report from myself on the happenings at school. There will also be a call for parents to volunteer for positions on the board, hence it will be a little longer than usual, but we welcome your presence!