Welcome to Kindergarten
The school’s philosophy statement “To Work Together Positively for the Success of the Whole Child” signifies the importance of the home and school working together to provide positive and effective educational experiences for children. Our school motto “Learning for Life” emphasizes for children the importance of schooling and education.
- All children are to physically distance outside of the school.
- The teacher will greet the children outside.
- The teacher will bring the children inside to the classroom.
- Parents are expected to say good-bye to their child outside at this time.
- Parents meet children outside the doors by the small playground promptly at dismissal time.
- Leave the space around the doors clear for safety and physically distancing.
- The teacher will bring the children out the school doors.
- If no one is there to pick up the child, the teacher will bring the child to the office and call for pick up.
- Please note that students will only be sent home with an approved contact. If there is a change to this information please contact the teacher or the office.
Absent or Late
- If you arrive after the bell has gone, your child will need to stop at the office and pick up a late slip and then go to the classroom.
- Please report all absences to the Attendance Line at 403-777-6680 ext. 1.
Report Cards and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- September: Kindergarten Student-led Conferences
- November: Early Years Evaluations (EYE) Interviews
- March: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- June: Report cards go home
Exact dates are in the Calendar. You will have time to discuss school work and learning with us during Parent-Teacher Conferences. Children should come to conferences.
Teachers are always available to discuss concerns or answer any questions you may have. You can make appointments outside of Parent-Teacher Conferences if you wish. Pleas email the teacher directly or phone the school office at 403-777-6680 to leave a message for the classroom teacher.
Most parent information is sent through notices and regular updates sent out on School Messenger. Please check your child’s backpack daily for notices. A monthly calendar comes home at the start of each month as well.
Our teachers for the coming school year will be announced in the fall.
Children Learn What They Live
By Dorothy Law Nolte
If children live with criticism,
They learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility,
They learn to fight.
If children live with ridicule,
They learn to be shy.
If children live with shame,
They learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement,
They learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance,
They learn to be patient.
If children live with praise,
They learn to appreciate.
If children live with acceptance,
They learn to love... .
Click here to read the full poem.