What We Offer at a Glance
- Work Sessions - available to students who need further clarification on concepts or who wish to complete homework before leaving school each day. Teachers will be available during the lunch break or after school on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- SMARTboards in every classroom
- Two permanent computer labs and two portable computer labs
- Student Support - resource teacher and counsellor
- Rigourous and dynamic complementary program
- English Language Learner (ELL) support for students at all levels.
- Traditional Learning Centre (TLC)
- Learning and Literacy Program (L&L)
- Offer all sports sanctioned by the CJHSAA
Who was Annie Gale?
The school was named after Annie Gale, born Hannah Rolinson on December 29, 1876 in Netherton, England. She married William John Gale, a civil engineer, on February 9, 1901. Bill and "Annie" moved to Canada with their two children in 1912 on the encouragement of her sister who had moved to Calgary years earlier. Between 1912 and 1917, Annie became quite well-known for her volunteer work in Calgary. On December 10, 1917, she was elected to the Calgary City Council as an alderman. This was an historic moment in Canadian history. Until her election, no woman in Canada had ever held an elected office at any level of government - not municipal, provincial, or federal. In 1924, she ran for, and was elected as, a trustee to the Calgary School Board. Annie Gale eventually moved to Vancouver and lived there until her death on August 7, 1970, at the age of 93.