Grade 9 Farewell
On June 22, 2017 we celebrate our Grade 9 students with a farewell event. The Grade 9 Farewell Event is divided into two parts: Ceremony (students and guests) and Dinner & Dance (students only).
The Ceremony takes place in the afternoon from 4:30 – 5:30 PM in the Annie Gale School Gymnasium. Seating is limited due to Fire Code regulations, so each student will be limited to two guests (parents, guardians, friends or family) at the Ceremony. Please note, only ticket holders will be permitted into the gymnasium. There is no cost to families for the Ceremony. Doors will open at 4 PM and seating is on a first come first served basis. The Ceremony is open to all Grade 9 students.
Dinner & Dance
After the Ceremony, students attending the Dinner & Dance will directly board the buses to Heritage Park Historical Village. Teachers will be chaperoning this part of Grade 9 Farewell Event. Students not attending the Dinner & Dance part of Grade 9 Farewell Event will leave with their parents/guardians rather than boarding the bus. The cost for students who wish to attend the Dinner & Dance at Heritage Park Historical Village is $50. This cost will be less if students fund raise. The Dinner & Dance is an offsite event. The opportunity to participate in an offsite event is a privilege not a right and therefore is only open to students who have demonstrated acceptable behaviours in the school.
Acceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Few, if any, disciplinary issues
- Being diligent in pursuing the student’s studies (complete all assigned work to the best of the student’s ability)
- Attending school regularly and punctually (be here every day, for every period on time)
- Co-operating fully with everyone authorized by the Board to provide education programs and other services (follow the direction of every adult working in the building providing you are not being put in harm’s way)
- Complying with the rules of the school; and Respecting the rights of others (respect others’ right to learn and be treated with dignity; respect others’ property; respect yourself)
Like any school event, students attending either part of the Grade 9 Farewell Event must follow the school’s Dress Code.