Created in collaboration with the student advisory council and the grade 9 leadership group.
If you can’t picture your teacher wearing it, including casual attire, it’s most likely not ok. Make good choices.
All students will follow the dress code described below:
- Mid-thigh to armpit must be fully covered with solid material front, back and sides
- There must be shoulder straps (no tube tops)
- Pants should always be at your waist
- Words and graphics on shirts etc. must be appropriate, non-offensive, and non-discriminatory (for example no pictures of drugs, drug paraphernalia, foul or offensive language) *may be at discretion of administration
- Sports uniforms that do not follow the rules (mid-thigh) can ONLY be worn at official games (and not during PE classes)
- Rules must be followed for all classes including P.E.
Dressing for Physical Education
Students must have a change of clothing for P.E. classes. Running shoes, socks, t‐shirt, shorts or sweatpants must be worn. It is recommended that every item of clothing be clearly marked with the student’s name. Students should be prepared to go outside for P.E. every day. Students will keep their P.E. clothing in their hall locker. Students should bring a lock from home so that they can lock their change of clothes in the gym locker room during P.E. class time.