The fine and performing arts are for everyone, whether you choose to explore and develop a new interest or specialize in a current interest. Participation in the arts enhances your creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
More information (audition sign up, rehearsal schedules, etc.) and be found on D2L.
Fine and Performing Arts Includes
Visual Arts: Art, Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Sculpting
Drama: Drama, Advance Acting, Directing, Musical Theatre, Technical Theatre
Music: Instrumental Music, Band, Chamber, Instrumental Jazz
Choral Music: Choir Music
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Ah, what fools these mortals be! Whimsically adapted from Shakespeare's classic romantic comedy, “A Midsummer Night's Dream,” this musical features a magical forest, spellbound lovers, and an upstart Puck who decides to liven things up by modernizing the dialogue and adding song and dance numbers. It's all fun and games until William Shakespeare, fresh from spinning in his grave, leaps onto the stage, demanding to know what on earth is going on!
Although this musical version may be a bit more madcap than what the Bard had intended, this show still captures the wonder and the romance of the original play.
Come try-out for our production A Midsummer Night’s Dream
AUDITIONS ARE ONLY REQUIRED FOR SPEAKING and SINGING ROLES ONLY - Anyone wanting a NON SPEAKING and or singing roles in the performance will be accepted upon competing the online form on D2L.
Auditions will be held:
November 27, 28, 29th after school Monday - Thursday 2:45- 4:30 PM
Call backs: December 4th & 5th Tuesday & Wednesday 2:45 – 5:00 PM
Rehearsal and Performance Information
- Speaking and singing roles will begin rehearsals soon after winter break in January and will run on average of two - to- three times a week after school from approximately 2:45- 4:30 PM.
- Musical numbers and minor roles will begin rehearsals at lunch and after school close to the beginning of February days will vary and will be posted a month at a time.
- In the month of April rehearsals for most actors can be up to every day and times will extend to 5:00 PM.
- A list of all rehearsal will always be posted in D2L, as well on the school's Drama Call board.
Dates of Tech Week and Main Performances:
- Friday, April 26th 2:30 – 5:30 cue to cue (tech and main characters)
- Saturday, April 27th, 10:00 – 2:00 stumble through (tech and full cast)
- Monday, April 29th Daytime: Dress rehearsal
- Tuesday, April 30th Daytime: show for school and feeder schools
- Tuesday, April 30th Evening show 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 1st, Daytime: show for school - Wednesday, May 1st, Evening show 7:00 PM
- Thursday, May 2nd Evening show 7:00 PM
- ***** NOTE THERE IS NO FRIDAY EVENING PERFORMANCE this year
Alice in Wonderland
Alice in Wonderland was presented in April 2018.
Disney's Alladin Jr.
Disney's Aladdin Jr. was presented in April 2017.