Career and Technology Foundations
Career and Technology Foundations, the Fine Arts, French as a Second Language
At Arbour Lake School, students study career and technology foundations, fine arts and a second language to learn more about themselves. These experiences are project-based and are designed to help them:
- Explore - discover their gifts and talents
- Integrate - connect their knowledge and skills from other subject areas
- Extend - delve into an area of interest
Students are assessed according to a similar rubric structure that includes:
- Discipline-specific knowledge and skills
- Their project process and end result
- Soft skills which may include: leadership, persistence, problem solving etc…
Students select from the following experiences based on their conversation with advocates such as parents and teachers and by applying knowledge of themselves as a learner. Please be aware that some courses may be cancelled due to demand, timetable constraints, expertise, and other unforeseen circumstances.
The complementary program allows students to try different courses and experiences. Grade 5 and 6 students take an “experiential wheel” of complementary courses where they become familiar with different complementary programs. In Grade 7 through 9, students now have the background and experiences to make informed decisions about the complementary courses they wish to take.