With winter approaching us, please ensure your child is dressed appropriately every day. Our “Blue Days”, which are cold weather days, are when the students do not go outside when the temperature reads -20 with the windchill. When the weather is warmer than this temperature, the students will go outside during the noon supervision. Weather temperatures can change throughout the day. Please send your child prepared for weather changes.
All students attending the Lunch Program were required to register and pay the Noon Supervision fee by Sept. 30.
There is also an Optional Activity fee for students who stay for lunch. This fee covers items such as playground equipment for the students to use during the lunchtime supervision.
Milk program – The milk program begins the first week of October. Forms are sent home in September with specific information and costs about the milk program. * Currently suspended due to COVID
Food In School
Auburn Bay School is an “Allergy Aware” School. Please let us know if your child has food allergies and requires support. For more information on how to deal with allergies, please see our Illness & Medical page.
Please avoid sending food to school for your child to share with others. Should teachers anticipate having food in the classroom for celebrations etc, parents will be notified.
Snacks and lunches should be easy for children to manage. Hot water and microwaves are not accessible for students.
Please see our Noon Supervision page for registration and payment details.
For the Fun Lunches/Snacks program this year, we will be using with a program called Healthy Hunger, which delivers healthy meals/snacks from popular restaurants and lets you make the choices! This means no more searching pockets for change the week before a fun lunch, and no more hoping that money makes it to the right place in-between your house and the school.
- Kindergarten students are only involved for fun snack days, as we cannot send the fun lunch on the bus or keep it at the school for the afternoon, due to school policy. Fun lunches are for grade 1-4 only due to this policy.
- The cost will be flexible, get as little or as much as you think your child will need for lunch/snack that day, with various options
- Please click on https://www.healthyhunger.ca/ and follow the instructions to register, so that you can register and order your child’s fun lunches/snacks online.
- There will not be any cash taken for these lunches, so please do not send in money to the school with your child. We will only be accepting payment online (they accept Mastercard, Visa and even Interac online!)
- Lunch will be delivered by lunchroom supervisors to your child’s lunchroom area.
Upcoming Fun Lunches/Snacks
- Currently suspended due to COVID
Once you are registered, you will receive a reminder a couple of days before the event so that you don’t miss out! There will be no opportunity to order on the day of fun lunch and cut off for ordering is 5 days before the fun lunch/snack. Unfortunately we cannot add to an order after that time, and cannot change an order once placed. Also no refunds will be given if your child is away on the day. If your child is away, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 am the day of the lunch/snack to make arrangements for pickup. If we do not hear from you by this time, it will be disposed of or given away. You can cancel future orders as long as it is before the 5 business day cut-off.
If you have any questions, go on to your Healthy Hunger account. Thank you.