All students are working towards learning how to behave in a caring manner towards each other at all times. We expect children to progressively learn how respect themselves, respect others and the school environment and to apply themselves diligently to their schoolwork. Students are expected to welcome, encourage and celebrate each other as per the CBE Administrative Regulation 6005 Student Code of Conduct which outlines expectations for student conduct:
A focus for the TLC middle school program at Balmoral School is to create an environment where children feel safe and can learn in a risk-free manner. Students are encouraged to resolve issues that may occur by making use of the principles taught during character circle. The ultimate goal is to create students who are self-disciplined and reflective about their behavioral choices, as well as the impact their conduct has on those around them.
Student conduct requiring additional support from the Principal or Assistant Principal will be approached using the character education focus and referring always to the three pillars of the program. If there are serious concerns, the school administration will contact the parents. Serious cases will warrant suspension from regular school activities, and possible expulsion. These include hazing, illegal possession of drugs or alcohol, sexual harassment, carrying a concealed weapon, threats, conduct which endangers others, theft, assault, willful damage to property, extortion, tampering with fire alarms, and criminal activity.
How to Behave on the Bus
- You are not alone on the bus – watch your language
- The bus is not a garbage truck – pick up after yourself
- The louder you talk, the louder everyone else talks – keep the noise level down
- If you have an assigned seat – keep to your seat
- Instruments and backpacks should sit beside you or under the seat – keep the isles clear
- Injuries happen when there is contact between students - keep your hands to yourself
Remember: School rules apply on the bus!
Show respect for everyone.