Attendance Line 403-777-7330 ext. 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
We are committed to providing a safe environment that is inclusive for all children. A number of our students have a potentially life-threatening allergy to peanut and tree nuts. Parents of children with allergies must fill out appropriate forms (also available in the office) and ensure the school has the necessary medication on-hand should a reaction occur. We ask that parents who are sending in classroom treats, please avoid tree nuts including peanuts. Staff is trained annually in the administration of an Epipen.
Students will medical conditions that require them to take medication during the school day requires a signed release form to be kept on file in the office which is available at this link: Student Health Plan
We would also request that you only ask school personnel to administer medication under extreme circumstances or in the event of a child requiring medication over extended periods. If your child has a serious condition which requires that all staff at Balmoral be aware of what to do if a medical emergency, please complete the form at the link below and call the office book a time to meet with the Principal to discuss:
Forms You Need
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be used for:
- if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school;
- if medication is to be taken at school;
- if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.