First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Thursday, Aug. 31st and the school office is open to parents on Monday, Aug. 28, 2023.
Each grade will have a designated area to congregate on August 31. Teachers will be in grade team areas with signage to meet students, starting at 7:45 AM, as follows:
- Grade 5 – Back Field (West Side)
- Grade 6 – Front Basketball Court
- Grade 7 – Front Field by Backstop
- Grade 8 – Back Field (East Side by Bungalow)
- Grade 9 – Front Field by Picnic Tables
School Start and End Times
Bell Schedule (Monday-Thursday)
|7:55 AM||Tiger Time|
|8:12 AM||Period 1|
|9:08 AM||Period 2|
|10:02 AM||Locker Break|
|10:07 AM||Period 3|
|11:02 AM||Period 4|
|12:40 PM||Period 5|
|1:35 PM||Period 6|
Bell Schedule (Friday)
Lunch time for all students is 11:55 - 12:35
|7:55 AM||Period 1|
|8:55 AM||Period 2|
|9:45 AM||Locker Break|
|9:50 AM||Period 3|
|10:40 AM||Period 4|
School supply lists are distributed by teachers on Thursday, Aug. 31, 2023.
View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates. See the CBE website for system calendars.
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Students in these grades require direct supervision during the lunch hour, regardless of the grade configuration of the school or the mode of transportation the students use to get to and from school each day.
Principals have the flexibility to make school-based decisions for their noon supervision programs.
You can expect the following for your lunch supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire noon lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds, unless written permission has been provided to the school by a parent/guardian.
- A dedicated space for eating.
- Only students that have registered and paid the noon supervision fee can access the service:
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for noon supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Lunch supervision fees are directed to providing lunchroom supervisors.
What lunch service is not:
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair or an assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.
- Access to a microwave, hot water, dishes, utensils or other cooking facilities.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details.
Our school office opens on Monday, Aug. 28, 2023 for registration. Please note that the registration process is completed online, but schools can assist with any questions.
Follow Us on Social Media
Follow school and classroom accounts for highlights of students learning and school news and announcements: