First Day of Classes
We are beginning our school year by limiting the number of students entering the school over the first two days.
Because of bussing, staggered entry days are full days.
- Grades 5, 7 and 9 students will come to school on Tuesday, September 1st.
- Grades 6 and 8 students will come to school on Wednesday, September 2nd.
- Starting Thursday, September 3, All Balmoral Students will start attending school full-time.
School Start and End Times
Our bell times are
Monday to Thursday 7:55 AM-2:30 PM
Friday 7:55 AM-11:30 AM
Lunch time for all students is 11:50 - 12:30.
School Supply Lists
School supply lists are distributed by teachers on Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020.
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates.
For system calendars, please visit www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Noon Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Students in these grades require direct supervision during the lunch hour, regardless of the grade configuration of the school or the mode of transportation the students use to get to and from school each day.
Principals have the flexibility to make school-based decisions for their noon supervision programs.
You can expect the following for your noon supervision fees:
- A safe and caring environment for students to eat lunch.
- Supervision for the entire noon lunch period, unless the student is signed out by a parent/guardian.
- Daily attendance will be taken.
- Students must remain on school grounds, unless written permission has been provided to the school by a parent/guardian.
- A dedicated space for eating.
- Only students that have registered and paid the noon supervision fee can access the service:
- The CBE has a waiver process for families who can’t afford to pay the fees.
- Note | Use of service indicates that the Parent/Guardian accepts the terms and the responsibility to pay the annual fee.
- Income tax receipts are issued for noon supervision fees that may be included as child care expenses for income tax purposes.
- Noon supervision fees are directed to providing lunchroom supervisors.
What noon service is not:
- Guaranteed access to a table and chair or an assigned seat.
- Access to food or snacks; students are required to bring a lunch.
- Access to a microwave, hot water, dishes, utensils or other cooking facilities.
Please visit our How to Register page for all registration details and registration forms.
Our school office opens on Aug. 27, 2020 for registration.