Blue Day Procedures at Banff Trail School
During continuous rain or cold weather (-20ºC with wind chill) students remain indoors; such events are known as a “Blue Day”.
A Blue Day means:
- Students are entering the building as soon as they arrive at school. There is no outside supervision.
- Students should enter the school at their designated entry doors at 7:45 am - 7:58 am.
- Signs will be posted on entry doors to inform students and parents, it is a blue day and to enter the building immediately.
- A staff member will check to ensure the arrival of bussed students at school.
- Students arriving after 7:58 am should proceed directly to the main school doors.
- During continuous rain or cold weather (-20ºC with wind chill) students will stay inside the school and not go outside during scheduled recess and/or lunch breaks.
- If the weather changes during the day to allow for outdoor activities, teachers may decide with their students to be outside during instructional time. Therefore, students need to be dressed appropriately for the weather at all times.
- No School Safety Patrollers