Bayside School adheres to the CBE Administrative Regulation for Standards of Dress andGrooming.
We believe that respecting people as individuals is our highest
priority. Students, staff, and volunteers are expected to dress in a
manner that allows for full participation in all learning activities, including
physical activity. Our guidelines for dress at Bayside School are:
- Dress guidelines apply equally to male and female students
- No clothing will contain inappropriate or disrespectful
(demeaning, swearing, racist, etc.) language or imagery
- Clothing must allow for comfort, coverage, and full participation
in learning activities, including physical activity
- Hats are generally not permitted unless an alternate arrangement
has been made with the classroom teacher
- The classroom teacher will be the primary contact for any
conversations about dress.
- Any conversation about dress should respect and honour the
Indoor/ Outdoor Clothing:
Footwear: All students are
expected to remove their outdoor footwear upon entering the building
and to change to appropriate indoor footwear. Winter or rubber boots are
advised especially for the younger children. Please send a pair of indoor
shoes (labelled with your child’s name) to keep at the school.
Outerwear: The weather in Calgary is
unpredictable. We encourage students to bring appropriate clothing for outdoor
play every day. Students are encouraged to dress in layers to allow for
fluctuations in temperature throughout the day. Please label your student’s
There are many times of year, in all seasons,
when the school grounds may be wet and muddy. We encourage parents to send
extra socks and pants in your child’s backpack so they are able to keep dry.