Our lunch hour is from
If your child attends lunchroom on a regular basis and they are going to be away, please call the office 403-817-3436 ext 0 or you can send a note with your child to give to the office.
We provide students with the option of staying at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6. This service provides students with the opportunity to practice social skills supported by caring adult supervision. Learn more about Lunch Supervision.
If you require your child to stay for lunch on a certain day and they are not a regular lunchroom child, please send a note along with $5.00 drop-in fee to be given to the office saying they are staying for lunch.
We are hosting the monthly fun lunch through the Healthy Hunger program. To register please go to www.healthyhunger.ca and either use your log in from last year or create a new one. You must register each child with their teacher to order lunch for them.
There is a fee that goes along with each order but if you order them for the entire year rather than once a month you can avoid paying the fee every month.
This is a great way to fundraise money for the school without having to do any work and you get a day off from making lunch for the kids. If your child does not normally attend school during the lunch hour, the lunchroom fee will be waived on these days to include all students.
What to Bring for Lunch
Students in the lunch program need to bring a lunch from home as there is no cafeteria service at the school. We encourage the use of a thermos for hot lunches as we are unable to provide microwaves and/or hot water due to safety and logistics.
Welcome to the Lunchroom
Just a few reminders for parents whose children are attending the lunch program at our school. Please go over these points with your children, as it will ensure that our program continues to run smoothly and efficiently and that it is a civilized and enjoyable place to eat.
- Your child’s name should be written on any lunch containers, we continue to have a large supply of lunch bags and containers in our lost and found.
- Remind children to bring their “outdoor” clothing and boots /shoes to lunch as they are not allowed to return to classrooms after they have eaten.
- Hands should be washed in the washroom on the way to lunch.
- Encourage your child to eat his/her own lunch only. They are not to trade or share food with the other students.
- We do not use microwave ovens.
- Talk with your child about what they would like in the lunch and ensure appropriate utensils are included. Any food that your child has not eaten will be sent back home in their lunch bags.
- Explain to your child how it is their responsibility to clean up by putting wrappers and scraps of food into the garbage cans provided.
- Lunch Supervisors are to be treated with respect, like they would their teachers. The rules that are enforced in the lunch program are for the safety and consideration of everyone.
- If your child will be attending as a “drop-in”, make sure to call the school before 10:00 AM each morning to let the lunchroom supervisor or the office know.
- If your child attends the program on a full time basis, please advise the school if they will be absent from the lunchroom. This will avoid supervisors searching for them and then having to call home.
- We are actively seeking volunteers to assist with clean up at noon with a supervisor, so the children could have more outside activity time. The time would be from 12:20 to 12:40 PM.
Allergy Awareness - No Nuts Please!
Bayside School strives to be a Nut Free school as we do have students with allergies to peanuts and other types of nuts in the building. Due to the prevalence of nut allergies at our school, we have a Nut Awareness program. Please do not send any food products that may contain nuts (e.g. peanut butter or Nutella sandwiches, cookies, etc.). Please check and read all package ingredients before sending something with your child to school.