First Day of Classes
Our first day of classes is Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2020 and the school office is open to parents on Thursday, Aug. 27, 2020.
School Start & End Times
MONDAY - THURSDAY
MONDAY - THURSDAY
We are a school that follows the traditional calendar. View our School Calendar for upcoming events and dates.
For system calendars, please visit: www.cbe.ab.ca/registration/calendars.
For more information visit our Noon Supervision page.
Please visit our How to Register page for registration details and forms.
Kindergarten Program 2020-21
Under Resources is a document called Parent Communication which is filled with information and live links that further explain many different aspects of the CBE and of Belfast School.
What do I need to know before September?
During the current health emergency when access to school buildings is being limited for everyone’s safety we have had to cancel the following events:
“Welcome to Kindergarten” Orientation: Thursday, 21 May was Cancelled.
Sadly we were unable to meet you and your child in person, before the new school year begins, but we endeavour to keep you informed on what you need to know to get your child ready to join our school community.
The following document is filled with helpful information along with live links to many documents that further explains the how’s, the what’s and further information for all new parents to familiarize yourself prior to the first day of kindergarten.
Getting ready for Kindergarten
Starting Kindergarten is an exciting adventure full of promise. Before the school year begins there are a number of ways that you can help prepare your child for this important experience. Talking about Belfast School and helping your child feel excited about their new adventure will make a positive difference. Refer to the our Kindergarten Registration page for all the latest information about the program.
Please provide your child with:
- Indoor shoes to be kept at school
- Change of clothes – labelled in a zip lock bag preferred
- Backpack – big enough for the communication folder & library books
- Healthy snack we are a peanut awareness school no nuts please
- Water Bottle with name
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Comfortable clothes for play
There are many ways for you to become involved in your child’s education at Belfast School:
About our School & CBE
- We provide a supportive and caring learning environment with students at the center of all that we do
- Daily curriculum are taught through various forms of Fine Arts
- We utilize technology as an integral part of the teaching and learning process
- computers and classroom based technology (Displays/SMARTBoards in every classroom)
- We have supportive parent volunteers and an active school council
- Our school follows the CBE traditional calendar
- Our new entry/dismissal times will be finalized in June and will be posted on this page and also on our Contact Us page.
- No sharing of food/snacks School Food Policy
- MyCBE / Powerschool allows access to a number of supported technologies and tools at CBE ie Book Conferences, pay fees, view report cards and apply for Fee Waivers
- Creating MyCBE / Powerschool Account
We look forward to welcoming your child to Kindergarten. If you have any questions please call our school office.