Back to School
First day of Kindergarten is Thursday September 1, 2022
Kindergarten Days & Hours
Monday – Thursday
8:30 AM – 11:37 AM
**no school Fridays**
What do I need to know before September?
Sadly we must wait until the end of August to meet you in person, but we hope to prepare you with lots of information to get your child ready to join our school community in the fall.
The following document is filled with helpful information, with live links to many documents that further explain school procedures.
Getting ready for Kindergarten
Starting Kindergarten is an exciting adventure full of promise. Before the school year begins there are a number of ways that you can help prepare your child for this important experience. Talking about Belfast School and helping your child feel excited about their new adventure will make a positive difference. Refer to the CBE Kindergarten Registration page for all the latest information about the program.
Please provide your child with:
- Indoor shoes to be kept at school
- Change of clothes – labelled in a zip lock bag preferred
- Backpack – big enough for the communication folder & library books
- Healthy nut-free snack
- Water bottle with their name
- Appropriate clothing for the weather
- Comfortable clothes for play
We look forward to welcoming your child to Kindergarten. If you have any questions please call our school office 403-777-6250 ext 0.
There are many ways for you to become involved in your child’s education at Belfast School:
- Talk with your child each day about what they did at school
- Please read: “The Belfast Parent Update” messages every week
- Visit Belfast Website for all important messages, News Stories, Dates etc. The site is constantly being updated.
- Volunteer in the school or on field trips Volunteering
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Attend School Council meetings. Check meeting dates/times on the Belfast calendar
- Keep up to date on school communications by subscribing to SchoolMessenger
About our School & CBE
- We provide a supportive and caring learning environment with students at the center of all that we do
- Daily curriculum is taught through various forms of Fine Arts
- We use technology as an integral part of the teaching and learning process
- Computers and classroom-based technology
- Displays/SMART Boards in every classroom
- We have supportive parent volunteers and an active school council
- Our school follows the CBE traditional calendar