Parking Lot Safety & Parking
Please do not drop children off in the parking lot. We understand this may be inconvenient, but to do so is a significant safety hazard to your own and others’ children. Please do not park in the staff numbered parking stalls. These spaces are paid for by staff and reserved between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Extra parking is available along 46 Avenue NW.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our students safe!
This protocol is to provide clarity for parents and caregivers around the safety and supervision of students.
Monday to Thursday Dismissal Times
- Grades 1-6 and Alternating Full day (Tues/Thurs) Kindergarten - 2:51 PM
- AM Kindergarten – 11:00 AM.
Friday Dismissal Time - All students
All students must be picked up from school at their regular dismissal time. There is no outside or inside supervision after dismissal. Students are expected to come back inside the school if they have not been picked up.
1. If a student is not collected, the teacher will contact the parent/caregiver through current demographic information provided by the parents. Please ensure that your contact numbers are kept current and you are in a position to be contacted by the school at all times. This is crucial in times of emergency.
- If the teacher is able to reach the parent/caregiver then the student will remain with the teacher until their parent/caregiver arrives.
- If this has transpired on more than two occasions, the parents will be invited in for a meeting with administration.
2. In the event that the teacher is unable to contact the parent/caregiver, then the student will be brought to the office and administration will attempt to contact the parent/caregiver.
- If this has transpired on more than two occasions, the parents will be invited in for a meeting to discuss a Communication Plan with administration.
Students will not be released to non-guardians other than emergency services without a letter or email from the legal guardian stating the name (s) of those collecting the student.
If your child uses CBE bussing (Southland) and they are not using the bus that day, please let the office or bus driver know and we will update our attendance.