Moving towards a Learning Commons at Belvedere Parkway
Thanks to resources acquired we are delighted to be expanding our book collection to include more Indigenous, anti-racist and dual language books. Mrs. Bremner, our Library Assistant is instrumental in supporting all our LC work.
With the development and implementation of the New Curriculum, we will also be looking for ways to best meet the learning needs of our students while considering what motivates and challenges them.
The guiding principles around our vision would include:
- Making our space agile, mobile and sensitive to the needs of all our learners.
- A wide range of shared resources such as technology, Makerspace equipment, effective access to library books.
- Comfortable, collaborative multi-purpose spaces for a variety of learners and learning.
- Honoring and developing the creativity in our students through STEAM based activities and learning opportunities.
- Interactive and informative displays celebrating and documenting student learning processes.
- Providing opportunities for authentic and inquiry based learning.