Bishop Pinkham, is a school with a long-standing history of academic and language leadership, enhanced learning programs, meaningful school cultural opportunities, talented teachers and engaged students.
- We offer English, Late French Immersion and Continuing French Immersion programs for Grades 7 – 9, and System Communication, Sensory and Social Interaction Program (CSSI) III class.
- Specialists in Core subjects, Special Education, Athletics, Art, Band, Dance, Drama, Construction, Communication Technologies and Foods.
- Strong extracurricular program including band clinicians, artists in residence, sport and outdoor education, drama resources, technology, cultural and leadership opportunities and many educational experience trip opportunities.
- Grade 8 and 9 students offered the opportunity to enhance their learning through a trip to Quebec, a West Coast Sailing trip, and Jasper.
- Every students in Grade 7 takes a full range of complementary courses including a module in Art, Drama, Construction, Foods, and additionally they choose either Band or Communication Technologies depending on student preference.
Our School Name
The school is named after the Bishop William Cyrian Pinkham who was the first Anglican bishop in Calgary. Bishop Pinkham was involved in Education in Manitoba before he came to Calgary. He was a member of the Council of Education and also served as a Superintendent of Education for the Protestant school in Manitoba from 1872 to 1883. He was responsible for creating a system to train teachers and also for beginning secondary education in Manitoba. After leaving Manitoba, Bishop Pinkham lived in Saskatchewan and then he administered the Anglican church in the Calgary area from 1903–1926. He and his wife were known for their charitable work in education and health care.