We are very fortunate to have a quality lunch program for students. Community students that live close to the school may have enough time to go home for lunch. Bussed students and walk students that live farther away can access a variety of foods and drinks in our cafeteria. Students are expected to:
- Cooperate with lunchroom staff and follow all behaviour expectations.
- Show respect to students already in line and wait your turn.
- Students need to be seated when eating and talk at appropriate volume levels.
- Students are expected to clean-up after themselves and if there is a spill get the cleaning supplies from the supervisor and clean it up.
- Students are dismissed after they clean-up their area. At mid bell, students may go to an activity, committee meetings, library, or outside.
- Gr. 6 Noon Hour Supervision student’s needs to check in for attendance in the lunchroom. No grade 6 Noon Hour Supervision students are allowed to leave the school property without written permission from a parent.
Behaviour in the Community
We expect all students to display positive community spirit, co-operation and citizenship at all times by doing the following:
- Refrain from short-cutting through yards by using designated walkways.
- Respect public and private property (avoid littering).
- Avoid ‘hanging around’ at the neighborhood stores.
- Act in a respectful manner at all times.
When the entire school comes together, it is important to be self-controlled and courteous at all times by doing the following:
- If you have an assigned area to sit at, go to it quickly and quietly.
- Leave the area quietly when instructed by staff and be patient with crowding at any exit doors.
- Speakers and performers do their best work for a positive, responsive audience. Applause appropriately.
- Remember that the audience also “puts on a show” which is seen by our guests.
- Leave all books and electronic devices in your locker.
For the safety of all students at our school and in order to maintain safe conditions for everyone, it is expected that:
- One minute is given to move to your next class. Move quickly and quietly and avoid standing around chatting. Use the assigned stairwell for your grade level.
- Follow the one-way travel rule for the upstairs hallway and keep moving along to avoid volume issues.
- No large backpacks or large bags are to be carried to upstairs classes.
- Because of our narrow hallways and with all lockers and outside exits on the main floor, it is very difficult for traffic to move. Do not congregate or travel in large groups.
- Please use the exit nearest to your locker to leave the building. The hallway nearest the office and gym cannot be the main exit at the end of the day for all students. Students are encouraged to go out the nearest exit and then re-enter through main doors if accessing office, gym, locker rooms and vending machines.
Bullying and Cyber-bullying
See our bullying page for information.