Dress/Personal Hygiene Regulations
Just as there are standards of dress suitable for business, the gymnasium and various social activities, there is also that which is suitable for the classroom. Clean clothes, good taste and judgement is important for today’s students. Shoes must be worn in school at all times. To ensure that teachers are not wasting valuable instruction time debating or sending students out of the class, we ask that the following guidelines be followed:
- No tank tops, spaghetti strap or halter tops
- No tops that expose the midsection or leave undergarments exposed
- Skirts and shorts should be of appropriate length that reflects good taste and judgment and pants should not be pulled down excessively to show any undergarments. Skirt and short length can be judged by hanging your arms at the side and extending your fingers. The length of you skirt or shorts should not be above your fingertips.
- No hats, visors, bandanas, sunglasses, coats, gloves, toques worn inside the building
- Ripped or torn jeans, pants, shorts or tops are not to be worn to school
- No clothing that has inappropriate language or pictures is to be worn at the school. The school administration will determine the appropriateness of language and pictures displayed on clothing.
- No aerosol hair spray, spray deodorants or perfumes should be used or brought to the school (we are a scent free school).
- Due to space limitations in our upstairs hallways, regular backpacks are not permitted upstairs. String style backpacks are permitted and encouraged
Administration, at any point in the year, reserves the right to disallow any new style of clothing, which would be deemed inappropriate.
Physical Education Clothing
Athletic shoes and suitable clothing is expected for PE class. The school encourages students to purchase blue shorts, t-shirts and sweat suits supplied by the school. Students should make this purchase in grade 6 in order to get full benefit of the purchase for all four years. Students purchasing their own clothing should buy shorts or sweatpants and a t-shirt or sweatshirt. Clothing is to be clearly marked with students name or initials. All students receive their own individual locker and lock. It is expected that students will change in the locker room/bathroom and use assigned locker for storing gym clothing.