Our Learning Commons
It is the hub for our school learning community. It is available to all students and is for research, reading and study. The Learning Commons is a fun, dynamic, and collaborative place for learning. Students will have an opportunity to sign out books using our self check out, use various technologies, and work with peers and teachers. School policy on use of communication devices applies in the Learning Commons. The Learning Common space will be open lunch hours Monday to Thursday.
- Mon, Tues, Wed. 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Thurs. 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The loan period for books is two weeks. Return your books on time. New book suggestions for our collection are always welcomed – please inform our library assistant, Mrs. Neufeld or your teacher with your thoughts. Our Library Assistant is available Monday to Thursday (see hours above).
- Sign in to the library at the front desk if not under the direct supervision of a teacher.
- Contribute to a productive learning area. Be respectful at all times.
- Treat all resources, books, cameras, computers, with respect as per the technology expectations.
- Be engaged in work when in the library (if the student is not under direct teacher supervision, student must have permission from their teacher).
- Push in chairs and clean your workspace before leaving the library.
- Eating and food items are not permitted in the library
- Students who are not able to meet these expectations will be sent back to the teacher.
- Keep any necessary discussion within the table area