Grade 6 Intensive French and Grade 7 Late French Immersion Programs
Are you a student that is excited and motivated? Do you like French? Then the Intensive French or Late French Immersion Program at Bob Edwards School may be for you! This is a program where grade 6 & 7 students begin learning French in a fun atmosphere with new friends and great teachers.
It is important to know the following about our program:
- No previous knowledge of French is required.
- All that you need to succeed in our program is a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, a good work ethic and a desire to be challenged.
- All of your academic subjects (French Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math) would be in French
- English and Options (including PE, Drama, Band, Industrial Arts, Home Economics, Art and Computers) are taught in English.
- By the end of grade 9, you will have a the knowledge, ability and fluency to speak, read, and write in French.
- The class sizes in the French Programs are smaller than in the English Program.
- There is no extra school fees associated with our program
Why should you join this program?
- It is fun to learn another language
- You will make new friends
- You will be challenged
- You will have smaller classes
- You can get better jobs
- You can travel all over the world
- You live in a bilingual country
- You can speak in a language that your parents probably will not understand.
Other Cool Things about our School:
- We have many awesome clubs including: Student Council, Debate, Speech, Yearbook, School Play, Excellent Music Program, sports and so much more…
- We have a great cafeteria
- We have 2 brand new computer labs, smartboards and video conferencing equipment.
- We have many special activities including: French cultural activities, plays, musical performances, Spirit days (Wacky hair, hat, pajamas…), Sports Day, and so much more…
- Students in grade 8 and 9 go on a week long trip to Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec to explore authentic French culture!
If you would like more information, please feel free to call our office at 403-777-7770. Registration packages are available at the school or see our registration packages under how to registration.